• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some help fast

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
Ive been installing a Rustys 4.5 inch lift in my XJ all has been going slow due to the fact most bolts were rusted to the jeep and I had to end up cutting them out with a cut off wheel. well anyways Im trying to take my rear leaf packs out and the bolt that is at the frame end of where the leaf connects to the truck it self is frozen pretty well. I do not want to cut these bolts and becuase then I wouldnt be able to reinstall the bolts due to the fact I cant get the old ones out when I cut them. how can I take these bolts out without having to cut them? I tried soaking it in PB blaster. I tried heating them up. is there anyone else that had this problem. and suggestions? im open for anything and this is my daily driver... kinda bad

Last edited:
In the case of the shackle bolts they are probably rusted to the sleeves inside the bushings. The ones in the front under the passenger seat have nuts inside the frame, they are welded and if you break them loose from their weld you will have to cut two holes in the floor from under the rear seat.
I seem to remember somebody just cut the old springs off then the eyelets, then the bushing then the sleeve which left just the bolt. Then heated and broke them free. Some others might have some other tricks.

Back