• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

summer is here overheating

Ben H

NAXJA Forum User
So it is summer and to help us all out with the infamous hotter than normal operating temps here is a poll to help us all out.

When your jeep has overheated in the past, the fix that put you back on the trail was?

New thermostat
New fan clutch
New electric fan
New oem radiator
New aftermarket radiator
Flushing your system
New water pump
New radiator cap
New sensor
New jeep

If there is anything else then post below.

Last edited:
bholt5035 said:
So it is summer and to help us all out with the infamous hotter than normal operating temps here is a poll to help us all out.

When your jeep has overheated in the past, the fix that put you back on the trail was?

New thermostat
New fan clutch
New electric fan
New oem radiator
New aftermarket radiator
Flushing your system
New water pump
New radiator cap
New sensor
New jeep

If there is anything else then post below.

Did almost everything on that list for years until I replaced the radiator. Not with an OEM either. CSF, '89 closed system got a new tank/cap and rubber at the same time. The Mojave might as well be the Artic now. Idle all day w/AC if I want, climb grades towing M/C in +100F temps no problems there either. Best $$$ ever spent after years of BS fixes/band-aids...

I found out my radiator was PLUGGED ! It was ok until the temps got in the 90's for the first time of the year and I was in slow moving traffic.

What I did to test my radiator was to take the cooling fans out(clutch fan and electric fan) and started up the jeep. I let it run and watched the gauge reach operating temps. Then I checked the radiator by putting my hand on it to see if there were any cool spots. In my case.. the upper 3/4 of the radiator was cool to touch, and the bottom 1/4 was blistering HOT ! I also made sure It was full of water, I burped the system and left the thermostat out for this test.

After researching I decided to go with a Modine 2 core radiator - bought mine from Napa

Dan

Back