• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ that has a right hand drift to it, help

Semper Fi

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 XJ Limited. I have put a 3 inch lift on it. The lift included, front coils, a full lenght add a leaf, lower control arms, and 4 shocks. I had the Jeep aligned after the lift was put on. The Jeep drives fine but when I let go of the wheel it drifts to the right. Sometimes you can feel a pull on the steering wheel. Did I do something wrong when I put the lift on? Or does something need to be added to correct this, or will I have to live with it?

Semper Fi said:
I have a 2001 XJ Limited. I have put a 3 inch lift on it. The lift included, front coils, a full lenght add a leaf, lower control arms, and 4 shocks. I had the Jeep aligned after the lift was put on. The Jeep drives fine but when I let go of the wheel it drifts to the right. Sometimes you can feel a pull on the steering wheel. Did I do something wrong when I put the lift on? Or does something need to be added to correct this, or will I have to live with it?

take it back to the alignment shop. Tell them what is going on and can they please check the work they did for you.

Most will without too much trouble. Then...go from there.

Tires balanced ? Might be another option. Swap'em all around and see what happens...

One other possibilty that you can't ignore is if you are checking it on the same streach of road every time is that the crown of the road makes it pull. Also a sticking piston in the brake will cause pulling.

Back