• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

were to find black again?

robertj

NAXJA Forum User
where can i find that stuff to restore the black back on my jeep, also on the laredo, is the chrome on the mirrors real chrome, just wondering if chrome polish will clean it up.

What black are you talking about? Door handles? Or are you talking about the bumbers? The plastic parts are really tough to keep black after being damaged by the sun. If you use any of the "dressing" products they tend to last for a very short period. I used bumper paint to recoat my bumbers, headlight trim, grill, mirrors, and some of the other metal trim. I don't have any chrome type trim so can't help you there.

I just put on a dye product called "Bumper and trim black" this past weekend. It goes on like shoe polish with a sponge-type applicator. It claims to hold up for a long time. I'll see once it rains real good. You need to tape, tape, tape, anything you don't want the stuff to get on. It does come off with a wet rag, but it is messy.

I used to find this stuff called "Back to Black" and it worked pretty well. Also, turtle wax wax makes that colored wax stuff. I use the black on the fenders and it holds up for a long time. Doesn't work on the door handles for long.

Back to Black works very well until it rains. I have had the stuff wash off overnight from the dew. It is VERY temporary.

Does it dry after a while or does it wipe off?

NHXJer said:
^
|
|

Oops - meant SHOE polish, not show.
My mom makes me eat with a spoon, too.

Chris

Have her show you how to use the 'edit' button (lower right of each post) to just go back and correct your error.

I use it all the time. :D :D

There is also some stuff called "EM-NU" We use it in the field to keep the "Emblems" we were on our collars black and non reflective that stuff is real cheap and holds up pretty well in that application, might work on the jeep as well. You can probably find it where dress shoes are sold if you can't get onto a base. Shoe store cause you use it on your boot eyelets too.

rixXJphx said:
Have her show you how to use the 'edit' button (lower right of each post) to just go back and correct your error.
My bad.

I didn't know there was a 45 minute time frame after which 'edits' aren't permitted.

EM-NU??

Sounds like something i'd want to try. Sounds like it may soak into the porus plastic those flares are made of and last a while. I used the 'Back to Black' and it did actually work, for a month or so. Now is maybe half-way back to previous condition. Where is that EM-NU available?? Thanks.

Back