• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

deer crash (pics)

theschwarz1

NAXJA Forum User
ok my jeep has some front end damge since last night.....I am going to the junk yard and was wondering what is the latest year i can strip from for a 92 XJ......

as you can see in the pics I need a grill, bumper, front quarter panel and a few little things, luckily with my lift (only 3") my hood was saved! She went right down and under.....the tow hooks were to her detriment!

DSCF2150.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF2151.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything thru '96 will work, or you could do a complete retrofit of the newer style front clip.

I got one last week, almost flipped the XJ, got it up on two wheels, lucky for me the deer fell over BEFORE I hit him. No damage on mine but the guy tailgating me was not so lucky....

once you are in the yard, first look for any aftermarket bumpers on XJs:p

off topic but what do you think of those tires? I have the same type purchased from wal-mart for $50 each. How many miles do you have on them (they look like there almost to the wear markers) Do you wheel on them? Had any problems? thanks.

caspergotaz28 said:
off topic but what do you think of those tires? I have the same type purchased from wal-mart for $50 each. How many miles do you have on them (they look like there almost to the wear markers) Do you wheel on them? Had any problems? thanks.

Oh boy, how many miles?? Hmmm, well I have had them on for about a year...I have done some moderate wheeling with them, I like them.
rausch1.jpg

landru3.jpg

THey looked nice and beefy while running stock, they are 235's , they held their tread well....fortunatle I didnt have to pay for them, got them as an anniversary gift...now I am pushing for 31' s

So a buzzard steps up to the ticket counter at the airport and gets his boarding pass for the next flight to Chicago. The ticket agent asks, "Would you like to check your luggage, sir?"

The buzzard replies, "No thanks, its carrion."

Back