• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pitman arm, e-brake

geitin

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know from what model of grand cherokee do you get the lower pitman arm and how much drop it has and from what model of wrangler you get the passenger e-brake cable????????

Any year grand cherokee will give you a 2" drop pitman arm(+or- 1/2" from my experience).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think any Wrangler(not CJ) will give you the e-break cable you need.

HTH

thanks

i´m sorry aboute the info or lack of info my xj is liftid aboute 4-5" and it has a coil suspension on the rear axle

the problem is i´m trying to get this at a parts store here in iceland and they need to know the model of the car I need the parts from dont ask me whay but I like to get the right stuff in the first try.

so if you have done this could you tell me from what model of cars you got youre stuff from

greetings from the land of fire and ice.

Okie Terry said:
BTW you will need the upper pitman arm, not the lower....
I don't know about you gentlemen, but every American car or truck I have ever owned in almost 50 years has had only one pitman arm. What's with this upper and lower pitman arm stuff?

Eagle said:
I don't know about you gentlemen, but every American car or truck I have ever owned in almost 50 years has had only one pitman arm. What's with this upper and lower pitman arm stuff?
Are you sure?

ok what I need is a pitman arm that is bolted to the steering box and I need to know from what model you are using it from and from what model the E-brake cable is from I realy need a answer on this matter becuse I have to youse the car in a few days and I realy whant to be done with putting this stuff in it

Clarification...

The pitman arm you desire is from a ZJ Grand Cherokee, '93-'98. The parking brake cable you desire is from a YJ Wrangler, '87-'95.

Okie Terry was making a joke (upper & lower pitman arms?!) that flew right over your heads. You might try one of these...
blue_net.jpg

You didn't mention what year your cherokee is... If it's got the ebrake cables running down the center tunnel, then yes get the YJ cables. If it's got the bracket on the frame rail, you can just move that back a few inches.

Lawn Cher' said:
Clarification...

The pitman arm you desire is from a ZJ Grand Cherokee, '93-'98. The parking brake cable you desire is from a YJ Wrangler, '87-'95.

Okie Terry was making a joke (upper & lower pitman arms?!) that flew right over your heads. You might try one of these...
blue_net.jpg
Yeah, well Geitin is from Iceland, so I'm guessing that English is not his native language. If I didn't get the joke, I'm sure he didn't.

Jokes that confuse legitimate requests for assistance are worse than useless.

I thank you all for youre help now I can start getting my xj back on the road :)

and ye I did not get the joke until I read it was a joke :)

you werent the only one. its usually easy to pick up on a joke when there are certain things to give it away, being funny for instance is a big sign usually. unfortunately none such signs were present

The joke would have been understood when he went and asked for an upper pitman arm.

Oh yeah, while you're parts hunting, be sure to have enough flight line.
100 meters should be plenty.

Okie Terry said:
The joke would have been understood when he went and asked for an upper pitman arm.
Terry, I don't think the joke would have been understood, and that's why I said something. Geitin is in Iceland, English isn't the native language. Buying parts for an American car in a foreign country involves translation, and (as the saying goes) a lot can get lost in translation.

I know you meant to be humourous, but here's a visitor from another country who came to us looking for help, and your "joke" was anything BUT helpful. It wouldn't hurt to remember that NAXJA is an international group, and lay off the jokes when there's a language barrier involved.

That's all.

You're right, Harwood.
I'm very sorry.

I'd better start looking at where people are from when I post a reply to them, from now on.
He writes better English than most of the English speaking folks on here.

Okie Terry said:
He writes better English than most of the English speaking folks on here.

i done write good

we dont expect much from you though ranger, your from the midwest

Back