• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket water temp gage

94xjinsc

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought my first Jeep, a 94 XJ SE, 4x4, 4.0 HO. LOVE IT! The only thing I don't like are the dummy lights instead of working mechanical gages. From what I've read on this site and others, Cherokees are notorious for overheating. I've bought an aftermarket mechanical water temp gage, but don't know where to put it. Does it go in the thermostat housing? The intake? Any help is appreciated.

Your out of luck.There is no stock factory location that will take the sensor bulb of a mechanical guage,that I know of.
The factory guage port is located on the rear/Drivers side of the head and is electrial,a sender for an aftermarket elect gauge will fit in this hole and work just as good as the mechanical one with the exception that when the power is off the guage won,t work.
The intake is DRY no water running thru it.
Swap a guage cluster in place of the light cluster almost as cheap as one mechanical gauge,you whant to know what the oil pressure is as well as the volts,don,t you ?
Wayne

Last edited:
Back