• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE H.D. Track bar and Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i just got done installing an RE heavy duty track bar and (required) bracket that converts top joint from heim to jonney joint. *background* so i bought the Jeep already lifted. I did not know much about jeeps beforehand. Now, since learing on here, i think that the dude that owned it installed a 4" RE kit. Put 6" Rusty's springs in it and then sold it to a dealer. Now you know

*why i had to get a new track bar***

So i was pulling out of a driveway and i was turned all the way to the right and gunned it and the trac bar pulled out of the socket where the threads are *because the trac bar is for a 4" lift and it has 6" lift*

So, i ordered the RE H.D. trac bar and bracked that is required, apperantly by RE if you have this much lift and install it. Its still, only on there by a couple threads what the hell is up!!! im really pissed off do i need a longer trac bar or what the hell do i need!!! Do they make longer ones? Should i have not gotten a rubicon express one? I dont get it... in the next week im going to take it to an jeep allignment shop that i know about in Santee, CA that is good and i guess pay OUT MY ASS to have an allgnment and have the guy tell me everything that is wrong with my front end... something has to be wrong for me to not be able to get this trac bar on BUT MEARLY by a coupel threads that WILL PULL OUT if any preassure is put on it and the axel looks to be off-center but i did not measure because im so tired right now. How much are your guys's trac bars threaded on? Im frekin pissed now and i have to go to bed i have work and i spend all night trying to figure this thing out so i hope that someone will know what is up with this BS that is happening!

with the frame bracket on and teh superflex joint not bolted in

turn the steering wheel and move the body over
set the axle center and it should be ok...

if not - run with axle to the dirvers side a little maybe 3/4" if you want more thread engagement...

XJ_ranger said:
with the frame bracket on and teh superflex joint not bolted in
if not - run with axle to the dirvers side a little maybe 3/4" if you want more thread engagement...

Running the axel to the drivers divers side more will not hurt anything? I just wish that i did not have to do this... RE is frekin' stupid form just not putting more threading on there it wont cost more to produce but would make customers happier. Does anyone have their axel off center just to fit more thread? It's probably the smart thing to do at this point so that the POS does not pull out anymore.

I have the same problem... my axles pulled to the driver side. I have about 3 or 4 threads holding it on. Now I'm having a problem with the track bar bracket coming loose which is causing some problems with death wobble. Don't know if it's related to the axle being off or not. Hope that helps a little.
James

redrill the axle tracbar mount as much as you can towards the frame mount while keeping a safe amount of metal around the hole or weld on a new mount.

RE has a special order TB end that is 1" longer. I think it was like 17 bucks if you reuse the SF joint from the old one.

If this is the biggest problem you are having with your 6" lifted rig, and find it so vexing as to have to whine about your issues in two seperate threads, sell the truck now and buy a Civic.

CRASH

fdsa487 said:
Ok so i just got done installing an RE heavy duty track bar and (required) bracket that converts top joint from heim to jonney joint. *background* so i bought the Jeep already lifted. I did not know much about jeeps beforehand. Now, since learing on here, i think that the dude that owned it installed a 4" RE kit. Put 6" Rusty's springs in it and then sold it to a dealer. Now you know

*why i had to get a new track bar***

So i was pulling out of a driveway and i was turned all the way to the right and gunned it and the trac bar pulled out of the socket where the threads are *because the trac bar is for a 4" lift and it has 6" lift*

So, i ordered the RE H.D. trac bar and bracked that is required, apperantly by RE if you have this much lift and install it. Its still, only on there by a couple threads what the hell is up!!! im really pissed off do i need a longer trac bar or what the hell do i need!!! Do they make longer ones? Should i have not gotten a rubicon express one? I dont get it... in the next week im going to take it to an jeep allignment shop that i know about in Santee, CA that is good and i guess pay OUT MY ASS to have an allgnment and have the guy tell me everything that is wrong with my front end... something has to be wrong for me to not be able to get this trac bar on BUT MEARLY by a coupel threads that WILL PULL OUT if any preassure is put on it and the axel looks to be off-center but i did not measure because im so tired right now. How much are your guys's trac bars threaded on? Im frekin pissed now and i have to go to bed i have work and i spend all night trying to figure this thing out so i hope that someone will know what is up with this BS that is happening!

Clearly.

fdsa487 said:
A Civic coule not handle a 6" lift. Your just mad because this is the ONLY problem I am having w/ a 6" lift and your wussy Jeep is breaking down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back