• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie rod end part number?

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
OK, I've searched and it's only confused me more.

I'm looking for the part number for the TRE that goes into the pitman arm. Is it ES3095 or ES3096? Guy at the parts store says ES3095, but from what I've read, I'm thinking ES3096. And it's RH thread, correct?

Thanks guys.

I'm 95% sure it's ES3096, but it's been while since I did my TRE's. If you go to www.jeepdoc.com, they have a good diagram of the TREs that allows you to see exactly which one is what. I ordered my TREs from that site and have just under a year on them and no complaints.

Oh man! I had this problem with my '88! Autozone and Advanced auto parts kept giving me the wrong parts. I even took the Haynes manual in to show them the picture of what I was looking for and they gave me the wrong part. I believe the thread was the wrong one or something. I even tried Pep Boys and got the same crap. I finally went to NAPA and they gave me the correct one right off the bat! They had it in stock. It seemed to be more of a problem with the other stores system of storing parts and numbering them to the right vehicle. Whatever it was I know three of the four were at a loss for that tie rod end.

Go to NAPA and see what they have.

Burley

Where did you get those parts numbers? I came up with 52005739.

EDIT: I guess I should've asked what brand, not where.

ColoCherokees said:
I'm 95% sure it's ES3096, but it's been while since I did my TRE's. If you go to www.jeepdoc.com, they have a good diagram of the TREs that allows you to see exactly which one is what. I ordered my TREs from that site and have just under a year on them and no complaints.

Thanks for that link. It's pretty interesting, but it doesn't give any specifics like the thread direction.

(Burley) I got the ES3095 from Pep Boys, who were clueless. I got the two TREs for my Big Daddy tie rod at Napa, and yes, they knew a lot more. They showed me a diagram and I pointed out what I needed. The problem is the nearest Napa is in beautiful downtown Santa Ana, which is a good drive away.

(Timber) A lot of companies use the ES- numbers, like Moog, TRW, and Dana. But other companies use their own part numbers.

So NOBODY can give me a definitive answer?? Guess I'll go up to Napa this weekend.

I have an 89XJ and I just changed mine. The part I used was from NAPA. If the set-up is the same on your 96, the part number is 269-2628. Remember to count the number of turns it takes to remove the old one and then use the same number of turns to install the new one.

OK, well, the one I listed is the OEM number. You should be able to have it cross referenced anywhere as necessary. I just wondered what brand used the ES numbers.

Back