• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ox lockers?

Jump This

Just another minion!
Now lets get serious. If the costs are not the limiting factor and reliable performance was.......
What I was thinking about was using an Ox locker in the rear. I drive on the pavement the vast majority of the time and like the handling of the XJ. But I live in the desert and know that I could get the XJ to many more places with a selectable locker.
Who would be the best company to have do the work here in San Diego county anyway (ORW wouldn't even call me back with a cost estimate)
By the way.....what do they cost????

Several months ago I did the research. 4WPW was asking $730 for the locker and another $90 for the cable assembly. I was able to get the price down to $630 for the locker and $60 for the cable.
After placing the order I found out that OxTrax was not filling orders, the backorders were 3-4 months and there were problems with the quality of components.
I looked into the ARB locker. Was able to get a price of $590 and I already had a compressor.
4WPW is still having problems filling orders for the Ox Locker.
Price, availability and quality helped me make my decision.

I bought an OX Locker six months ago and just had my new gears and locker installed only to find out that it was missing a part for the shifter. If you havent noticed the Ox Locker site is not working and their toll free number has been disconected. I called 4WPW and got a phone number from them and was told that OX was sold and a new company in Florida owns it. I call and got a warranty and repair number from them. It was a guy in California and he claims the cmpany now has much more backing and has redesigned the problems of the past. I told him my problem and he asked how old was my locker. I said at least six months. He said he would not only send me the parts, but a whole new shifter. That was a week ago and I'm still waiting and crossing my fingers that I did waste $650.00 on something that has no future.
I looks great and I cant wait to try it out once I get the shifter installed.
I asked around before buying one and the sites that I go to all had great things to say about the OX
Ron

Back