• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Rate, Height, etc?

over2land

NAXJA Member #1171
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Required info: 88 MJ 4.0/peugot 5spd/D44 rear/2WD

I want to lift my truck about 4". I think I'm gonna go with the TNT customs front long arms. I want to keep it spring under in the rear, for axle wrap issues.

So, with that in mind, I'm looking into getting custom springs. I'd like to know the numbers on the stock MJ springs including the rates, the critical dimensions, etc... so that I have a better idea of where I'm coming from, which I hope will help me with what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know where to find these numbers? I'm interested in both the front and the rear springs. Thanks.

front coils are 160 lb/in if memory serves correctly, do a little searching and you can confirm this easily.

I've had an MJ for nearly 3 years now and I'm sure that if a spring-rate was ever posted for the leafs I would remember it and have saved it, but I have not.

You're going to need custom packs to life the rear 4 inches unless you want to do about a 2" add a leaf and 2 inch shackle lift. Just call up Alcan or Deaver and they will talk you through everything.

I know I'm gonna need custom packs.

And, that's one of the reasons I'm going with the TNT front arms too. I figure, if I'm getting custom packs for the rear, where's the point in getting a full system.

So, I'm peicing it together.

I wasn't sure they'd have spring rates on hand, and was concerned about the ride quality goin down the toilet if I didn't specify rates.

Back