• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expert need for trac bar installation NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i ordered the rubicon express HD trac bar and bracket and im installing it right now. Im taking off the existing upper trac bar mount and there is a bolt there with a metal round piece at the top that it seems like is acting like a nut but I CAN NOT GET THIS F****** THING OFF!!! it's round and i can not get a wrence on it because of that reason so i have been trying to use channel locks and it's not working and i frekin annoyed right NOW does anyone know what im talking about here is a picture i just took right now for a better example please help it's getting dark and i have to drive this bastard tomorrow. I'll be back im getting beer now because im so annoyed!!!

bitchbolt.jpg

sorry i tried to resize the picture w/ no luck

i seem to recall using channel locks on mine. maybe get one of those grip stengtheners and try again in a couple weeks after youve built up some squeeze power :laugh3: did you blast it first?

Yup, that is indeed a nut. Normally, it's welded down and doesn't require a wrench to hold it.

BTW, WD40 is NOT a rust penetrant, it's a water displacer. Do yourself a favor and get a can of PB Blaster, Kroil, or the like.

i'd agree with vise grips, tighten them as much as you can and give it a shot, if not cut the head off the bolt and drive it out or drill it out? then just put a new nut and bolt in it

Roll-over said:
invest in some PBblaster or Liquid Wrench...
x2 and good luck

grind off the the bolt and replace with approx size bolt and nut
too easy

now if you dont have a grinder or a welder or pb blaster
I would advise you to to either start investing in some tools and chems

or pay some one else to fo the work

mechanically nothin ever goes like its supposed to

specially with rusted bolts and nuts

think out side the box grasshopper
dont try to bend the spoon
instead try to imagine there is no spoon

VegasAnthony said:
grind off the the bolt and replace with approx size bolt and nut
too easy

now if you dont have a grinder or a welder or pb blaster
I would advise you to to either start investing in some tools and chems

or pay some one else to fo the work

mechanically nothin ever goes like its supposed to

specially with rusted bolts and nuts

think out side the box grasshopper
dont try to bend the spoon
instead try to imagine there is no spoon

5p0hut

That - and Craftsman bolt out thingy's are great!

When installing my RE HD TB, I broke the wleds on that same piece.

I hit it with some heat from a propane torch, held it with vise grips, and it came out by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back