• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cooling problem..sorta unasual...need fast help

aduke

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i swapped heads on my jeep this past weeked. from an 88 to a 90. because of a burnt vavle that wasnt allowing my to pass on nox. well i got the head all cleaned up my a machinish and vacume tested. come to find out it had already have a vavle job not long ago. a plus for me. I bought a fel-pro head gasket and realized that it didnt have any holes like the ones the block and head have for cooling. but then i reffered back to my old head gasket and saw there were no holes on those eaither just a build up of junk from my cooling system.

welll i just put in 2 new theromstats in it. now when i drive the jeep it runs awesome. and doesnt even come close to over heating. but the second i shut it off tons of coolant and air come out of the overflow bottle. ive warmed it up and cooled it down about 15 times trying to burp any air out. what should i do?

are these head the same? what did i do wrong????? i need this b/c it my dd

Sounds similar to the problem I had a couple of years ago. After replacing most everything on the cooling system, it turned out to be a bad new bottle cap. If yoy still have the closed system, it might be worth a try. Back then, the dealer told me they had a large batch of bad caps.

-Maz

Replace the cap on principle... The best way I've found to burp the i6 is to park nose down and loosen (not remove!) the temp sensor near the firewall on the driver's side and run the engine till all the air is out.

ok put a new cap on. it stopped the water from coming out but lots of steam still does. any other ideas????? should the gasket have had coolant holes?? im lost

I'll add my .02 on the bottle cap had the same problem preplaced it all before i did the cap lol spent $100 to find out a 10 cap was the problem.

ya.......the bottle cap does nothing.......as soon as i shut it off when at operating temp about a half gallon of coolant goes all over my driveway..........i tried burping it out through the temp sensor with no sucesss.......and im following my hayes manual? what can i do? i need to be able to drive this! please help

aduke said:
ya.......the bottle cap does nothing.......as soon as i shut it off when at operating temp about a half gallon of coolant goes all over my driveway..........i tried burping it out through the temp sensor with no sucesss.......and im following my hayes manual? what can i do? i need to be able to drive this! please help

new tank and bottle cap works i had the exact same problem and this worked for me do a search for my name and look you will see i had the EXACT same problem

Back