• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello I'm new & looking for Tow Hook advice

kooler_king

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
I just joined in hopes of getting some opinions on my first problem. I purchased a 2001 XJ a couple of months ago. With summer finally here I started my first project... tow hooks.
I am using the chrysler kit that was bought years ago for a 96 XJ. Anyway, the actual installation went smooth until i drove it. Then I realized that the bolt head located at the rear of the drivers side bracket is hitting the sway bar when I hit bumps. Right, now I am weighing my options and I have come up with. 1) try to grind down the head of the bolt just enough to allow the sway bar to pass unobstructed. 2) remove the bolt and try to replace it with a carriage bolt again, hoping to provide just enough clearence.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The sway bar has slid over to one side. Loosen the bolts on the bushings that hold it and pound it over a little to center it, then you should be fine.

Then next rear hitch for a tow point, and to help protect your gas tank, then a good tow strap w/o hooks, then a fire extigisher.

Back