• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fenders, header panel optional?

SeanP

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I got tired of fixing broken header panels and trashed fenders. I am building a new bumper and tubing out the fenders. Here's a teaser pic:
IMG_4676.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

Hey sean, on a completly serious note. Really consider ditchin that B pillar. Its an envigorating sensation. Plus it wont get in the way or get torn off.
sss0096sr.jpg

one step at a time, Scrap, one step at a time.

I am not doing major surgery right now. Just tubing the fenders so I have something to slide on. Will probably make some tube doors too.

SeanP

SeanP said:
one step at a time, Scrap, one step at a time.

I am not doing major surgery right now. Just tubing the fenders so I have something to slide on. Will probably make some tube doors too.

SeanP
r u holding on to your original header panel??

SeanP said:
I am not keeping the header panel.

And, it won't be difficult to improve on Beez's design :flipoff:

:)

SeanP

I got dibs on it..how much.....

Made some more progress tonight:
IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

Not sure what I will do with the header panel. Seems like a PITA to package and ship it.

SeanP

BrettM said:
doesn't look any better than Beez's ... but i'll reserve judgement for the finished product...
exactly what i was thinking, but much better than i could do

looking good so far

More progress. Thanks to my buddy Dean, we have this nearly completed. I am going to burn some plates to fill in the "fenders" inside the triangles. Of course it will be Plasma Pimpin'
IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

that looks sweet :D Question though: do you have anything acting as a spreader in the engine bay or towards the back of it (or rather especially towards the back of it).

Jes said:
How did that happen with it parked in the garage? :dunce:

*sigh* I remember that rig when it was pristine, rolling on 3" of lift and 31's.

I blame the whole debacle on beer and RPS.

CRASH

Kejtar said:
that looks sweet :D Question though: do you have anything acting as a spreader in the engine bay or towards the back of it (or rather especially towards the back of it).

I have a hoop over the engine that ties my coilover hoops together. the tubes on the fenders will have kickers tied into the CO hoops.

:)

SeanP

Another option...I went through header panels everytime I went out...now I just tucked in the fenders and narrowed the header panel, granted I've rolled it a few times since, but they are staying in good shape.

Picture031.jpg

DevilsplaygroundWorkday010800x600.jpg

Back