• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need HELP ASAP - JEEP apart on driveway - axle Qs

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
well, im literally in the middle of putting my 4.5"RE Leafs in, but i can not get the front bolt out, it seems like it rusted to the sleeve or something, what do you suggest i do? The leafs i had in there were stock with AAL.

do you think that will loosen up the sleeve? that is so gay! i just found a link that suggests cutting the bolt!

It might, or you'll burn the bushing out....one of the two.

Can't quite help as much as others as my vehicles are all AZ vehicles, so no rust.

Fergie

i guess i will just put it back together and cut the damn thing tommorow. Only if i knew and had the bolt. :)

those suck, i angle ground the leaf off, cut the bushing off, keep going till you get to the main pin, then heat and use a chisle to pry the slot open in the sleeve, then a punch to get the bolt out

Back the bolt out till the sleeve spins in the bushing. Then cut the bolt on the both sides of the spring, pull the spring away from the frame so it twists in the hanger. It should then fall out. We did this on a friends jeep two months ago.

Back