• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler 4.5 coil springs

Twisted Copper

NAXJA Member #962
My rig ('00 XJ, stock 4.0/auto drivetrain) is a all purpose rig... all types of trails and highway. I'm re-doing the suspension with some used Rusty's 4.5 packs, RE control arm drop brackets (with Teraflex arms), and OME shocks. I'll spend the extra $$$ for RE if it's worth it, but figure I'll ask around about RK first.

I'm thinking of keeping my 1.5" rocky road shackles and 1.5" coil spacers too for 6" total or maybe just to level out the F/R is one end is higher than the other.

So I still need coil springs. After a search resulted in very little info, I was wondering what you all know about Rock Krawler coil springs. I'm looking at 4.5" springs and was set on Rubicon Express, but the Rock Krawler coils are only $99. What's the deal...

BIGoffroadXJ said:
x3

look into each companys spring rate as well, rock krawler springs are supposedly very soft.

Can anyone recommend a good spring rate for what I am running? Like I said it sees highway, trails, pretty much everything. If I go too soft won't that make the rear unstable offroad?

Last edited:
i run rustys coils up front on highway and offroad... personally i like the rate and it feels very stable, Rustys, Big Offroad, Alcan, all of these are going to be stiff leafs and should keep your back end stable

Back