• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

??'s concerning SS boggers Anyone have 33/10.5/15 Pics??

Elohim1

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 Cherokee with a 4.5" lift , 4.10 gears and Air lockers front and rear.
4.0 litre 5spd.
Tires are 31/11.50/15 MTRS on stock rims.

I have had some issues getting through thick, soupy mud when trail riding.

I am considering SS boggers 33/12.50/15 or 33/10.50/15. I have heard the smaller width tires are better for the mud ???

This Cherokee will be offroad only. I am going to trim the fenders and probably buy beadlocks that lock both beads on each tire. I will probably also remove the smaller lug in between the larger lugs on the Boggers.

Questions are.

Does anyone have any Pics of 33/10.50/15 Boggers installed???

Is there a better tire for the Mud??

Would a 35/10.50/15 create to many rubbing problems and reduction in power with the 4.10 gears??? ground clearence would improve.

Thanks

Mud cannot be viewed as a single category. In this case..."skinny tires vs wide tires"....If the mud is shallow enough for the tire to get to the firm bottom before the chassis does, the skinny tires work fine in any kind of mud.

If you have mud that is deeper than your chassis will clear, you need a different strategy....wider tire....a lot of tread void space...and gonzo wheel speed. This provides lift, and throws the mud out of the tread voids.

Cut Boggers are as close as you can get to paddle tires if you need a DOT approved tire. Anything you can do to help the mud fling off the tires makes them better in mud. Some mud races coat their tires with materials to help keep mud from sticking to the rubber.

With your drivetrain, I would go with the 12.5's. If you want to save some bux...TSL bias are a pretty good alternative. As for the effective gear ration question....yes it kills power...I wouldnt consider 35's without at least 4.88's.

When it comes to considering your gear ratio, in addition to the added radius of the taller tires you need to factor in that Swampers in general and Boggers in particular are HEAVY. You'd want 4.88s at least for the 35s, and lower would be better if you install axles that can handle it.

boggers are insane. after running the 35x14.50r16s i thought i had found one of the best offroad tires out there. but i still had to drive onroad and i actually got pulled over once because they were so loud the cop thought i had some kind of a crazy exaust on my xj. but since your trail only that dont matter. heavy these are. but the lugs are insane, like bricks hanign off the side of your tire. heavy as hell though, i would consider treating them as a 35 instead of a 33 when regearing cause its gonna be like having 4 rosie o'donnels strapped to each rim.
the only other tire i would consider would be denman ground hawgs or bias mt baja claws, for mud at least. there will be a world of difference between your old Mtrs and boggers.

Last edited:
I have 4.56 gears with 35's and wish I had 4.88 gears... You will have trouble with 4.10'a and 35's especially if your running an automatic. Im planning to go back down to 33's next tire change.

Looks like 33/12.50/15 is what i will go with. Will these fit on a 8" wide rim. I know thw Boggers specify the size rim to use. The beadlocks i want only come in 8".

Thanks for the help.

Rather than start a new thread, I'll just ask my question on this one. I'm Looking into getting 33/12.5/15 Trxxus MT. The rims i have are 8" wide, much will work, and they have 4" of backspacing. I read on anoher thread that one of all thought 3.75" is the best.

Will 4" backspacing be ok with 5" of lift?

I think 33*12.5 on 15*8s w/ 4" BS (5" lift) are perfect . . .
LIFTED_FRONT.jpg

DR

PstrKd4BrthCntrll said:
Rather than start a new thread, I'll just ask my question on this one. I'm Looking into getting 33/12.5/15 Trxxus MT. The rims i have are 8" wide, much will work, and they have 4" of backspacing. I read on anoher thread that one of all thought 3.75" is the best.

Will 4" backspacing be ok with 5" of lift?

A 34x10.5" SS LTB might be a little better choice for you. NOt as harsh as the boggers, but from what I hear, it's a beast offroad. My next mud tire definetly.

LTB's are serious offroad tires....read as OFF ROAD tires....they won't last long on the pavement and they are notorious for out of round....BUT....they are SERIOUS off-road tires. When I kill or wear out my TSL's...it'll be on with the 13.5/33 LTBs.

Back