• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know this has been discussed but..Cooling Fan

scott88wagoneer

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry about another cooling fan post but here is my problem. The fan never comes on and I should also add the a/c does not work. I replaced the fan relay but still nothing. Used jumper wires to test the fan itself and it worked. I dont know alot about the electric side of vehicles so I am at my wits end. My jeep runs a bit too how for my taste (at the line above 210) So I was wondering how i can wire up the fan to a sitch to turn it on and off manually. My Jeep is a 88 BTW.

xj armor sells a switch kit for about 50 bucks. i purchased mine from there and install was a snap after i realized that they had the relay set up incorrectly. i must admit the there is some well warranted negative feedback for xj armor so be careful when ordering. my part took much too long to ship. if you search further on naxja there should be a writeup on how to make your own switch as well

I just got done going through the same problem and it turned out to be my temp. guage sensor on the back right of the block. Check the connection there and replace if corroded. Might fix your problem, could also check the actual temp using an infared temp guage and compare it to your guage.

Whether you think it's tooo hot or not, 210 is normal for the XJ 4.0L engine. You can add a later-model cooling fan too.

Back