• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust

mgt

NAXJA Member #653
I am looking to get a new exhaust. I want to keep it quiet, I don't want an ignorant loud one. Stainless perferred. Any one in the chicago area ??
It's a 99 w/6" lift.

Last edited:
I'm in Chicago, no help for exhaust, it's on my short list though. I've heard flowmaster's 40 and/or 50 does a good job while keeping it quiet. where do you go wheeling around here? construction sites are about as exciting as it gets for me without going for a day long trip to the Badlands.

The flowmasters may be a little loud for you. You could try borla if you want a quiet one.

dynomax high flow cat back. Look at summit racings website, its about $100 and sounds good. Ive had mine over a year and no problems yet.

jmsull said:
I'm in Chicago, no help for exhaust, it's on my short list though. I've heard flowmaster's 40 and/or 50 does a good job while keeping it quiet. where do you go wheeling around here? construction sites are about as exciting as it gets for me without going for a day long trip to the Badlands.
I have been out here for 2 years now and still haven't found a place within a couple of hours.

90whitexj said:
dynomax high flow cat back. Look at summit racings website, its about $100 and sounds good. Ive had mine over a year and no problems yet.
for a $100 I will check it out

what if i went with a 2.5" exhaust with a 2.5" tip instead of 3" tip. Would that make it quitier.

mgt said:
what if i went with a 2.5" exhaust with a 2.5" tip instead of 3" tip. Would that make it quitier.

Not really. The muffler is what's going to affect the noise level. I used to have a Flowmaster 40 series. Too lound and "tinny" for my taste. Bad resonance at cruising speeds. I changed to an 18" Magnflow muffler and am very happy. Low mellow tone at idle but let's you know it's not stock during hard acceleration. I hear the flowmaster 50 series are supposed to be quieter though.

K

What have you guys done who have 96 and newer rigs for cats with O2 in them? I am interested in getting a high flow cat but none of them mention ports for o2's

I thought some included the 02 sensor hole (carsound?) and if not, there is the option of buying a weld on bung which is the hole the sensor plugs into- i'm not making this stuff up. Anyway summitracing.com has them. They also have the 02 sensor eliminator (provides the voltage the computer wants).

Back