• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Very Sad!

Casper

NAXJA Forum User
:cry: Well, what can I say? It is probably better than 80% possibility that my wife and I will not be making it to Moab this year. Everything was taken care of; reservations, fees, supplies, etc. But two day ago the XJ would not start. Turned it off and parked it at the end of the day, and it was running excellent, started out the next morning and it would not start. It turns over very well and is getting gas, but no spark. Changed out the coil, CPS, Map sensor, oxy sensor, etc., but no luck. Being in a small town, I am limited to mechanical shops, but the earliest appointment I can get is next Wednesday. By chance they get it back to me the same day, we could still make the weekend fun. Any later than that and we will be staying HOME!! What a bummer, packed, paid, and serviced, and then BOOM! :x I don't know who to get ahold of at this late in the game, but I would appreciate it very much if someone could relay the message to those incharge. Danno, if by chance you read this, could you please send me my shirts. Let me know what it will cost and I will get the money off to you ASAP. Have fun Gang, and please take allot of pictures. Nothing will keep me away next year at the BIG PARTY, if I have to I will buy a new jeep to make that one. :wink:

Have Fun, and Be Safe,

Keith (Casper) and Shelly Orr

When I threw the 4 litre in the 88 a couple months ago, I had about the same thing happen. I remember how bummed out I was, it is very discouraging........

it turned out to be a very, very stupid thing!!!!

let's hope its something often overlooked and simple!

did you post about this yet on the other boards?

let's get you running!

dude, start a thread somewhere quick....

have you checked your under the hood relays?

switch the relays with something you know works....

try the ASD relay...

just a quick thought.

Keith, I agree with Beezil (did I really say that?) you need to look for something simple that could cause this......relays, fuses, beaver gnawing through wires, etc. because you can't miss again this year!!
:cry:
XJEEPER

very Sad!

I haven't given up yet. I have been out all day long working on the rig. Not to good of a job, since my garage is still full of boxes and such from our recent move, and the fact that it has been raining mostly all day. I really appreciate all the information from you guys, ( Beezil, and XJeeper). I have started a thread on my local AZXJ club here in Arizona, hoping for more information as well. Not too late in the game yet to call it quits. But thought I better inform someone before you all are on the road, and then I don't show up. Cross your fingers Gang! Living in a small town has it's advantages, but last minute mechanical problems is not one of them with only a few shops in town. Maybe, Maybe, Maybe...............................

thanks,
Casper

Back