• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.5'' lift

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
Ive done tons of research on the RE 5.5'' lift and really like it but after placing the order im worried about my ride hieght. I have no real basis for the Phobia but i just want to get the lift on and go my own way.

i hope you have an sye kit, and shims ready... and a drive shaft of course...

yea, im all prepared for that. Im not going to start the process until i have all the parts. But from what i understand the driveshaft will have to what until i measure?

need to measure the angles and stuff, check out Tom Wood's site for angles and stuff. Every rig is different for some reason. With that much lift you will have to get UCAs, and get these adjusted to fix the angle on the front shaft as well. What year is your Jeep? Mine is 98 and im paranoid about vibes, and shit like that, i owned a YJ before, and had no probs with 4+ " of lift. I got an XJ a year ago and im still in the process of screwing around with my drivetrain to make sure everything is fine.

mavrick said:
just being to high
How high is too high? What are you afraid of in it being too high?
Btw, the RE kit will sit higher then 5.5" when you install it. It will take it a while to settle in (you can accellerate the process by flexing it up on couple trail runs pretty good or by hauling bags of cement or something heavy :D )

Kejtar said:
How high is too high? What are you afraid of in it being too high?
Btw, the RE kit will sit higher then 5.5" when you install it. It will take it a while to settle in (you can accellerate the process by flexing it up on couple trail runs pretty good or by hauling bags of cement or something heavy :D )

yup yup yup

give the guys at TW a call once you get the lift installed and find that your u-joints on the rear end are at terrible bind angles... they will tell you how to measure and get you all set up...

on a 2000, you *could* pull the rear shaft and drive on the front for a bit...

Back