• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not a DW ques.

Dirt

NAXJA Forum User
http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAlignment.htm alright guys i need help. on this guys website in the caster section. i cant read the caster he uses on his 4.5" lift. I have a laptop and it won't let me see the last word of everything on the right. He says he runs 5 something I don't know if there's a .5 in there or not. Any way if any one can tell me what it actually is or if any one knows what the caster is to run with a 6" lift on a 2000 please let me know. there's a special section in there for 2000 and 2001's because of a lower pinion setting.
Thanx, DIRT

from the link you posted:

"If you have a standard pinion like that come on '00-'02 XJ's then the rule does not apply as Angus from NAXJA found out. He took the measurements and compared them to a stock late model XJ and found that they run 7 degrees of caster and after having an alignment done I was able to work out that on the standard pinion ( the front uni is near the bottom of the diff ) they have a 12 degree start value instead of the 9 degrees as used above. i.e.. if you measure 5 degrees off the vertical your have 7 degrees of caster ( 12 - 5 = 7). It makes sense that the start value is higher as the pinion still has to point at the transfer case yoke ( 3 degrees below it usually ) but with a low pinion it starts off quite a bit lower to start with so needs more angle to start with.

The nuts ( 1/2" ), should be loosened as well as the main bolt ( 13/16" ), until they are at the end of their thread. 6.5* is the stock caster but when you start getting over 4" of height then you can start to get vibes from the front uni being to steep so might have to back off from this angle until vibes are gone. I run 5.5 degrees with my 4.5" lift for instance."

Your in for a real surprise,6" on a 2000!Expect front driveshaft binding for one,see my profile for how I know!

Back