• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shaving

it's slightly complicated with a cast housing like a D44 or D60, but with a stamped steel housing like a 9" or 8", it's a piece of cake. cut, measure, weld. weld about an inch at a time allowing time to cool and either post-heat or leave it to cool slowly in sand.

don't cut the mounting ring for the third, if you have a junk third lying around, I would weld it all up with that in place.

you can get as close as you want to the ring gear, just don't touch it and make sure your material won't get bent close enough to touch it. on my Toy 8" I used 1/4" plate and about 1/8" off the ring gear.

some pics...
new034.jpg

BIGoffroadXJ said:
while were on the topic of 9" rears, does anyone know, if i get a HP center chunk, will it bolt up to my LP housing?

Yes, both Currie and hi9 will bolt right in. If your getting a new one go with hi9. Much stronger.

did anything come stock with a HP, being 17, im poor... so im trying to find something i can swap my gears in and bolt up for cheap. I live in PA redneck capital of the noth east so i should be able to find one if its off of an earlier ford muscle car/POS. Right now im running a LP out of a 67 bronco. How much would it cost for an aftermarket center chunk w/o gears, im putting a $15 minispool compliments of ebay into mine soon, and i might as well move the gears to a different carrier while im at it.

No,no such thing as a Ford issue high pinion 9.My Currie Hi 9 is for sale.I have somebody who is going to buy it,if that falls through I'll let you know.It is a 31 spline,4.88 gears and a full spool.I'm thinking around $700-.Let me know if your interested,I'm in NJ,so I'm not that far away.

magoo117 said:
No,no such thing as a Ford issue high pinion 9.My Currie Hi 9 is for sale.I have somebody who is going to buy it,if that falls through I'll let you know.It is a 31 spline,4.88 gears and a full spool.I'm thinking around $700-.Let me know if your interested,I'm in NJ,so I'm not that far away.

lets not confuse a currie hp and a true hi9. Big diferance.

David Taylor said:
lets not confuse a currie hp and a true hi9. Big diferance.
No,your right,thats why I said CURRIE.They are both hi pinion 9's.Right,Currie is technically an 8.8 but thats a whole different thread.Currie is coming out of mine and True Hi is going in.

Back