• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 doors swap with newer style 97-2001 ??

JeepBoy89

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 89 obvously and was wondering if like 97-2001 doors will fit on it ? only reason i am asking it because i want to make the interior panels of the doors to look and be newer like the windows and door locks controls i know this is a strange request but i am wondering if anyone has or knows anyone that has made that swap i mean if the doors phisicly fit i am sure the wireing can be done to make the electrical part of the doors work right .... ? lol

JeepBoy89 said:
i have a 89 obvously and was wondering if like 97-2001 doors will fit on it ? only reason i am asking it because i want to make the interior panels of the doors to look and be newer like the windows and door locks controls i know this is a strange request but i am wondering if anyone has or knows anyone that has made that swap i mean if the doors phisicly fit i am sure the wireing can be done to make the electrical part of the doors work right .... ? lol
Send a message to Dan Turner as he did it. IIRC the hinge fits with little or no work, but you do have to be creative on relocating the striker as that's changed.

The dude who used to own ORGS, the dude with the orange chopped xj, well, he changed out his older doors for some newer ones, and it seems like a nice upgrade. The door seems to seal better, and it wasn´t really noticable till I opened up the door, and saw the interior to be the newer style

The hinges are "way" different on the late models!

RCP Phx said:
The hinges are "way" different on the late models!

Any idea on how different?, maybe some pics.

I have succesfully completed the interior panel swap on the rear doors, but was also thinking of swapping the doors on the front due to the relocated inner handle.

Dingo

Back