• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 with 3.73 gears out of cherokee?

85xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
My question is was there a cherokee or wagoneer with a dana 44 with 3.73 gears ever made because I am doing a search and there is no option for 3.73, just 3.07, 3.54, and 3.55. I was hoping to find a cheap 44 instead of an 8.8 for now for the easy bolt in but can't find 3.73 gears on my search on www.car-part.com. Could someone please let me know if there ever was that gear ratio in a 44. Thanks everyone.

Kim.

P.S. If this is in the wrong forum I am sorry.

I think you are out of luck. The 3.73 gear and 4.10 gear options were available only in 4 cylinder and 2.8 v6 models, while the D44 option was available only in 87-89 and only as part of the "towing" package, which included the 4.0 I6 engine. So, all XJ D44's are either 3.07 (manual trannys), or 3.54 (auto trannys). AFAIK :)

xj-grin said:
I think you are out of luck. The 3.73 gear and 4.10 gear options were available only in 4 cylinder and 2.8 v6 models, while the D44 option was available only in 87-89 and only as part of the "towing" package, which included the 4.0 I6 engine. So, all XJ D44's are either 3.07 (manual trannys), or 3.54 (auto trannys). AFAIK :)

Thanks alot xj-grin. I figured as much. Time to go and pick up my 8.8.

Kim.

Back