• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do your coils sit in center of upper isolator??

jtszymano

NAXJA Forum User
I posted this issue sort of in a previous post but I didnt get too many replies...Im going to try to delete the other post and hopefully this one will elicit more responses...
I added some new UC coils and it seems like the upper part doesnt sit perfectly in the center of the isolator pad. Its sorta off kilter.
What is your take on the subject?

cps.txt

cps2.txt

The above pics are from the side.

cpt.txt

This is the front.

Tell me what you think! Anything would be helpful! Im debating whether I should take them off...

Mine have done that, just jack it up on the control arm bracket and get most of the weigt off of the spring. THen just shove it back in place. I have had to this a few times myself. No big deal.

Hmm...maybe Ill try that. But if I remember correctly, I tried to do that at the time but it didnt seem to work too well...

If you look on the back or rear section you will notice (if you have one) a small spring index. If you rotate your spring to engage the end into it you may solve this problem....let me know if this works....

Jump,
Im not sure if I understand what you mean...
what do you mean by 'rear' section and 'spring index'
Ive never heard of that..? Has anyone else?
Later JS

What hes talking about is theres a little indentation on the rear section of the flat plate where the bottom of the spring rests on, Its a little cut in the metal that the end of the spring rests in to kinda line it up. It prevents a "round" spring from resting on a "flat" plate by maximizing contact surface between the two parts. HTH in the most lamens terms possible.

Mike

i think jump is talking about the lower coil mount.. there is a reccess in the mount for the bottom coil to sit in and the end of the coil should be rotated to the end of the reccess.. bolt down the clamp and you are good to go...
you did not say if this happens after wheeling of regular driving..
mike

Ive got a set of RE 1310's that just took off my rig.The inner coil diameter at the top of the spring is 2 5/8".

Ok, thanks for the help.
On other notes, it doesnt or hasnt seemed to move from the original spots in the pics. Im watching closely though...
BUT I have developed this clicking noise which I am trying to isolate but no specific actions elicit it. The Mid section of one of the tie rods was loose so I tightened that up but the clicking noise is still there. I guess I gotta get back under and search...

I might jimmy with it later this week...
JS

Back