• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dual E-Brakes

baldwinwb

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody ever tried running two parking brakes, one to each wheel? I would imagine you could use to apply reistance to a spinning wheel and it would be alot cheaper than a selectable locker.

Those can be called cutting brakes. I bet that would be more trouble then it would be worth it in terms of getting power to the wheels. A lunch box locker is very cheap, and is a fairly simple install.

I did a lockright on my YJ, it was a real simple install. I hated the road manners and all the extra stress on the axles just around town. I'll do a search under cutting brakes, thanks

or commonly refered to as TRACTOR BRAKES

i've seen a couple CJs w/ em
i thought about it.. even bought the junk from an MJ to install a parking brake Pedal for the driverside, and just have the stock hand lever control the pass side..
but never got around to it

JLane99XJ said:
or commonly refered to as TRACTOR BRAKES

Yah but they usually have R & L foot pedals for the brakes. Don't forget the lever type hand throttle.

Back