• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

converted closed to open with 3 row csf

frsno jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
and i THINK my fan clutch went out taking the radiator with it.

I noticed a few days after the stroker went in that my new rad had a circle indent in it from the fan clutch.i put the motor in about a month and a half ago.
It didnt leak so i figured that it happened during the install and didnt think anything of it.
Last nite i got out to open a gate and left it running, i could hear a rattle sound comming from the front of the motor.I open the hood to see that the rattle sound was the fan clutch rubbing the radator.
When i let it cool down, and start it up, the fan to radator is about 3/8 of an inch.It moves closer and closer to the radiator as it heats up.

The clutch is at least 7 years old, so im sure its not putting out like it was when it was new.

Has anyone had a fan clutch go out like this?Or do i need to cut and bend to increase the space between the fan clutch and radiator?

Back