• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doors off ok?

SeansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
well i heard and read a bit about taking the doors off and structural integrity of the XJ. so my question is simple, if i go with taking the front doors off and leave the rear on would i be ok? plain and simple, it is wheeled in the rocks so it will be flexed out a bit here and there. 3.5" lift on 33's cut fenders like "whoa" for now on this one.

Thanks!
Sean

There's a guy floating around here named Brian (Fatwreck) who has had his fronts off for quite some time now. He does some pretty crazy stuff in his rig. His back doors are still on. I believe he does remove them for a majority of his wheeling. I have never heard him even hint at being concerned with the negative effects that his tomfoolery has had on his vehicle. I think you'll be ok.

Dont listen to these guys...they always try to fool the new guys.

If you take the doors off...it WILL fold like a taco!!! Dont make the same mistake I did.

sintax said:

If you take the doors off...it WILL fold like a taco!!! Dont make the same mistake I did.
Your not the only one......

sintax said:

It will not fold like a Taco!!! I rolled mine with no cage, doors off (all four doors) down a hill and was stopped from rolling a second time by a tree on the rain gutter above the passenger rear door. Rolled her over and kept wheeling. The roof was pushed down about six inches and I had to jack it up with a high lift to get the doors to go back on but have had no other adverse effects in severad trips since the roll, some with doors some without.

Back