• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power lock wiring

cykaaro

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at adding a power lock to the rear hatch just for ease of use, as my key lock kinda sticks. I've got the hardware needed to do this, but since I've a '90 pioneer, I don't knwo how this wires up.
Is there a write up somewhere ro such as to how this wires up? WIth pics would be greatly appreciated.
I've been thinking of adding in the front doors as well, as I have two extra locking mechanisms, but haven't decided on that as of yet. How hard to add the factory ones to my stock basic doors at all?
TIA
cykaaro

Not particularly difficult, just a little time consuming.

You're going to need 2 SPDT relays. Search the net, there should be a few write-ups as far as wiring is concerned.

The biggie is running the 2 wires into the hatch. I cheated -- I used the OE speaker wires -- since I don't use the hatch speakers.

The front doors are easier than the hatch. The solenoid mounting holes are in the lower corner -- directly below the door lock.

r_lock.JPG

Thanks for the reply.
I have the actuator, and harness out of the hatch. True it's going to be a pita getting the wiring through, as I had the back panel off today as I was insulating it as it was vibrating too much with my rear speakers. [Haven't been able to find a soundbar yet to put in instead]
Running the wire up to the drivers' side kick panel should be pretty easy. How do I wire it up to the switch? I'm gathering I will need a relay involved somehow with it.

Back