• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seeking a new muffler.

Motornoggin

NAXJA Forum User
I had a small incedent this weekend involving a trailer, steep mountain climb and a Flowmaster cooking the carpet, so the Flow needs to go. It had been fine, but it actually melted my carpet backing and filled the cabin with smoke. It seems to have about 1/2" clearance between the floor and muffler.

So, I want a good sound, but something that stays cool. I am thinking about the Flowmaster Hushpower 2. Any thoughts on these, or any other suggestions?

If you can find a ZJ in a junk yard there are two heat shield panels. They are fiberglass sandwiched between stanped alum. Cut to size leaving as much as the factory edge, fold and crimp the cut edged. One of the panels is already shaped to attach on the floor/trans hump on the pass side.
My 01 already had a shield over the muff, but none over the cat. conv. which is directly below the front pass seat. I put my amp under this seat and now it stays cool enough that I'm not worried for the amp.

You can also used a foil covered bubble wrap. It works well and won't hold moisture.

Back