• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no spark, need help bad

chubbyhick

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 MJ, 4.0 5spd. My truck will not start. i have replaced the following: CPS,TPS,coil,o2sensor,dist cap,rotor,plugs,wires,and cleaned and checked the egr valve. I have fuel, and i have bypassed the ballast resistor. I have power going into the coil, but no spark. I have done a search and nothing helped, any help would be appreciated.

just to update it did for a couple seconds fire, backfired, blew the muffler apart, ran really rough and then shut off. i have completely changed the distributer, and redid the CPS harness. still to no avail. please somebody help. I have no idea where to turn next.

it backfired before i changed the dist, and yes their is a ICM under ther coil. I was just wandering if anyone thought the computer under the dash went bad, or maybe the ICM.

My guess is that the ICM is bad. If you have power going to the + side of the coil, and no spark, it's probably the ICM......

would the computer from an 89 cherokee with an automatic be the same as an 89 commanche with a 5spd? i have access to on cheap.

Back