• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing steel for LCA droop clearance

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
I grinded down the contact area for my Skyjacker LCAs on the front axle where they make contact on droop. I removed about 1/4" but they are still hitting. I think it's limiting my droop. What do most people do? Is it ok for them to make contact? It won't damage the LCA will it?

Grind or cut away.........you can remove A LOT of material there without any problems. You need to leave enough for the shock mount to have enough stength, but that isn't even an issue because the LCA will quit hitting the mount long before you've taken off enough to weaken the shock mount.

wont hurt, many people cut that. check to make sure it isnt your shocks or track bar doing it. remember if it is that causing it and you take it out you will flex much more and could rip off a break line.

Ramsey said:
wont hurt, many people cut that. check to make sure it isnt your shocks or track bar doing it. remember if it is that causing it and you take it out you will flex much more and could rip off a break line.
I noticed a big notch cut into the powdercoat on my LCA today, I guess I need to remove more. I've got plenty of brake hose. Can I cut it with a torch? Will the metal get too hot and melt my LCA bushings?

Your talking about cutting where the shock mount is not the actual lca right? i would think a sawzall or grinder would work easily

Back