• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust - Once and for all

Rand McNally

NAXJA Forum User
I know, I know. But trying to sift through all the exhaust system talk on the various Jeep forums will cause a man to go crazy. I finally have approval to upgrade the exhaust system on my 01XJ. We are going to be doing a lot of towing this summer and I want to hop up the XJ. I want to get the best exhaust money can buy me. I know a lot of this is open to opinion, but there has to be someone out there who has hard evidence as to what exhaust will give the best performance. Must be able to pass emissions, but sound is not important. I have been looking at Borla, Banks, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Dynomax, ect. Everyone of them claims to put out "40% more flow over the leading competitor". I don't care, just tell me which one will get me the optimum performance. MORE POWER!!

went from stock to an IMCO and LOVE IT! felt the power increase because i went hi-flow cat, imco then turn down... but i LOVE it...

JOe

If your goal is the best system for towing, there's only one choice -- Gibson. Forget the "40% more flow" crap. The only time you need more flow is at peak RPM. What you want for towing is maximum torque at low to mid-range RPM. Gibson started in the custom exhaust business specifically to develop systems to make more power for ... towing.

Back