• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Difference in hinges?

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought some doors out of a 2001 XJ. They didnt come with hinges on them so I went back and had them grab me some of two other 2001s. I got them home and assumed all was well, until I looked at them. I dont think they will work! FRICK! Here is mine:
85334c97.jpg

And here is the hinge I got today....
442eec27.jpg

So, the quesiton is if I can make these work? Or do I need to go back to the drawing board and get new ones. From the dealer they are $50 a pop. That sucks. So, does anyone have a line on where to find these cheaper? Thanks for the help.
josh

What year is your XJ? I thought you had a late model. But anyways you have pre-96 hinges on yours and 97-up in your hand. Not sure if you can make them work, but if I were you I would just get a set of pre-96 hinges from somewhere and call it good

What is wierd about that is I have a 97, so I have 96 hinges on it eh? Guess I gotta find some pre 97 hinges then? That wont affect my doors though will it? I bought 01 doors to make half doors out of. Well then, I iwll try and find some 96 or lower hinges. How annoying is that?

Hulk, I had at one time a set of pre-96 hinges in my parts box. They're left over from when I replaced the doors after I forgot what side of the rig went up.

I'll check when I get home. It would be just 1 doors worth, not sure if it matters but from the passanger side. Theres should actually be two sets, one from the front and one from the back. I'm not sure if they're different or not. At the very least you can use it to compare.

You must have gotten one of the first ones off the assembly line. Still using old inventory. But the doors should line right up, also check to see if the stiker lines up also, before you go and cut the doors. It should, but I know they changed something around in the later models. But he old hinges should bolt right up to the newer doors. Good luck.

Fair enough. It would be nice to compare with at least. I will take you up on that korda. Thanks. Shoot me a pm on mnj and we will figure out when to meet. These suckas better work.....
j

What do you mean line up the sticker? I just held up the doors next to each other, and they look the exact same. So they should be fine, all the same measurements etc.....

Incredible Hulk said:
What do you mean line up the sticker? I just held up the doors next to each other, and they look the exact same. So they should be fine, all the same measurements etc.....
Not sticker -- STRIKER. The latch on the late-model doors is slightly higher than on the arly ones, but I don't know what year they made the change.

Back