• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift

scot

NAXJA Forum User
im having a old friend who owns a spring shop make me coils for a 4.5 inch lift and a new leaf pack for the rear. my question is is there anything else i need to add for this lift? whats the biggest size tire and can go with? tia scot

At 4.5" of lift, the stock slip yoke is marginal at best. You should at least invest in a longer one. The best thing would be to add a SYE and new driveshaft.
You will need new shocks, axle shims, brake lines (or reposition you stock ones), and an adjustable track bar. Lower control arms are recommended.

Tire size depends on back spacing and how much cutting you want to do. You could easily fit 31's. 32's will fit with a bit of trimming and proper backspacing. If you don't mind really hacking things up you might be able to run 33's.
If you go over 31's you will need new gears (maybe even for the 31's depending on your location and driving style).

Bones

Back