• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Jeep HEater/AC Controls Only sending Air through defroster...

JeepBoy89

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering what would be causing the air no matter what position i have it in it just flows out of the top vents for the defroster i would like the air to come oput of the vents in the front like its saposed to unless ofcourse its on defrost LOL

Probably the little wire on the back of the know came off or broke off. It isn't hat hard to fix or check out. Just pull of the dash so that you can see it.

Either the vacuum canister or the hose to it is damaged or broken. Vent switching is controlled by vacuum, when the canister isn't hooked up, it can't switch to anything except defrost, which is default.

SimpleXJ said:
Either the vacuum canister or the hose to it is damaged or broken. Vent switching is controlled by vacuum, when the canister isn't hooked up, it can't switch to anything except defrost, which is default.

Where is the canaster ? and whats it look like and what should i look for in being connected to it ?

The canister is behind the front bumper on the passenger's side in front of the battery. Vacuum lines connect it to the intake manifold. On my 95 they run from the back of the intake manifold along the firewall to the passenger's side then forward to the front bumper. Check vacuum line for leaks first.

Hope this helps.

K

corbinafly said:
The canister is behind the front bumper on the passenger's side in front of the battery. Vacuum lines connect it to the intake manifold. On my 95 they run from the back of the intake manifold along the firewall to the passenger's side then forward to the front bumper. Check vacuum line for leaks first.

Hope this helps.

K

well thank you i think that would solve my problem but i cant tell yet but i am quessing thats it well because when i bough this rig the right side of the front bumber was pushed in so i am assuming eather the canaster is broke or the hoses came un connected thank You !

JeepBoy89 said:
well thank you i think that would solve my problem but i cant tell yet but i am quessing thats it well because when i bough this rig the right side of the front bumber was pushed in so i am assuming eather the canaster is broke or the hoses came un connected thank You !

Hope that's it.

Back