• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'96 XJ error codes help...

kee

NAXJA Forum User
My check engine light came on a little while ago. Still seems to be running
okay, but Autozone pulled the following codes for me:

P0132 - 02 High Voltage Bank 1
P0300 - Cylinder Misfire Detected on random cylinders
P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire detected

How should I start troubleshooting it? Is there any testing that I can do
for voltages or anything before I just start replacing random parts? What
should I change that might be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Jeremy
http://www.iowa4wd.com/

Did Autozone erase the codes for you? If so I would drive it some more to see if it happens again. 132 is o2 sensor.

No, they didn't erase the codes for me....

I doubt this is related, but my wife ran the tank practically dry when the code first came on. She pulled in the driveway and the fuel light was on and she said the check engine light had just came on too... Filling it up didn't make a difference... Anyway, I doubt it's related but thought I'd mention it.

Oh yeah, and I know that number one cylinder definately has some serious voltage running through the spark plug wire, but don't ask how I know.... Let's just say that it's still a little hard to type with my right hand!!!

Error codes are erased. Driving around town hasn't triggered anything yet. I'm going to take it out for a longer drive tonight and see if the check engine light comes back on or not...

When my tank is almost dry, the engine sputters when cornering. You could say that is "random misfires" and a lean condition beyond what the O2 sensor can read.

kee said:
I doubt this is related, but my wife ran the tank practically dry when the code first came on.

I'm hoping that is what has happened, but until I put some miles on the Jeep with the error code reset I won't know for sure... I might do a good tune-up on it just for good measure anyway...

Back