• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please advise on these swaybar discos

Citat3962

NAXJA Forum User
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=7929479820&category=33592#ebayphotohosting

Has anyone used these discos before and are they worth 60$?

I hear the cheap ones are really hard to get back on unless you are on flat ground.. I can deal with unhooking them before I get on the trail and then finding a flat spot to hook them back up..

Since they're about half the price or less than the JKS quicker discos I can actually afford them :)

No comments on Mako please I'm just getting some daystar products and a few OEM bits from them..

I guess the question is are cheap ass discos better than no discos? or should I go without for now and save til I can get the JKS ones?

I'd make a set but I don't have a welder yet..

thanks guys.

EDIT:::

Ok so it looks like this is the full item.. the above ones require an end link kit.......which essentially means this item is everything you'd need.... not as cheap as I had hoped...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=2475617473&category=33592

Please advise on a good mid range priced Complete disco set for my 91 XJ...

personal experience preferred..

Last edited:
If you're going this route, you should get the first one with the conversion.
Both with shipping would be $100.

The second one is all there, but it's $110 plus shipping.

they are crap... the old style with the two pins works but its about as easy as taking a wrench out. Just go with a pair of JKS or the new RE discos. They may be 40 bucks more but my RE gen 2's take two seconds and they have a place to put the disco up and out of the way... no more getting muddy and hitting my knuckles trying to get out my old style "quick" disconnects.

Back