• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To mount normal shocks do i need this?

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Is this the part i need to run Bilstiens since they dont have a pin top like the normal shocks on XJ's???
bpe.jpg

fdsa487 said:
Is this the part i need to run Bilstiens since they dont have a pin top like the normal shocks on XJ's???
bpe.jpg

No thats not the piece, that looks like some sort of BPE

id spend a few more bucks and run the barnett performance shock mounts

here they are compared to my JKS mounts

mocked up
437678_227_full.jpg

comparison in size and thickness of metal. the bolt that goes through the fenderwell is 7/8", it fills the entire hole. the actual mount is triple shear, the bolt that holds the shock in bolts through the fenderwell as well (horizontally)

437678_228_full.jpg

in the above pic the barnett mount is actually resting on the ground... its that beefy

437678_230_full.jpg

mounted

Holy crap those things are expensive, gonna be jks for me.

to each his own but for prerunning which is putting a ton more force on the upper shock mount id want something that would spread the load a little better. since those pictures ive stitch welded the front of the mount to the fenderwell

you have a point, if i did that i probably would get them. just not for me though

Nice rainbows ;)

I love mine

Back