• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NutZerts

96xjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I'm gonna ask this in two places because it kinda applys to both. I have some items to install, fuel tank skid and front bumper, that may require NutZerts. Is the Stealership the only place to buy these or can I get them elsewhere?

They can be purchased at most of the larger Bolt sales warehouses. Two that come to mind for my area are ABABA Bolt in San Marcos and McFadendales in the CostaMesa area.
You will need what looks like a large pop rivet gun to set them easily. I have used a bolt,spacer, lock washer and nut to set them, but the pop rivet gun is much easier.

In the future please follow the forum guidelines and do not double post. Pick the forum that seems most appropriate and post your question there.

Thank you.

Nut-serts dont have a whole lot of holding power.Maybe for the skid plate,but definately not for the bumper!

CharlesS said:
They can be purchased at most of the larger Bolt sales warehouses. Two that come to mind for my area are ABABA Bolt in San Marcos and McFadendales in the CostaMesa area.
You will need what looks like a large pop rivet gun to set them easily. I have used a bolt,spacer, lock washer and nut to set them, but the pop rivet gun is much easier.

I tried that bolt-washer-spacer trick a few weeks ago, and only succeeded in curling the lip of the nutcert over a bit. I'm hoping that it's still salvageable, though.

As for tools - where the blazes do you find the darn things!? I have been looking everywhere for one so I can mount up my t-case skid. I bought an Astro-Pneumatic, and now have to try to return it because it doesn't go up to M8x1.25 in size.

I also have tried JC Whitney - they don't have anything at all for metric nutcerts (standard only), but the fellow I talked to did give me a number for a place in Brooklyn that might have one. Hopefully they won't want a mint for one...

Rob

For the gas tank skid, you don't use nutcerts, you use nutstrips
rs10.jpg

it's a bad pic, but you get the idea. it's a dealer only item (18 bucks a side), or a DIY item, pretty easy to make if you have (or have access to) a welder.

for the front bumper, do you mean these stupid things? or am I confused. the stock bumper uses 3 of these on the body side and 2 on the bumper side for each bracket

bu14cs0r.jpg

You can buy these at most decent hardware or parts stores (Home Depot or Lowes has them also) If they don;t have the correct metric size (they didn't for me) just get and eqivalent SAE size and a bolt to match.

Looks good for the fuel tank skid I'll try those, actually with the front bumper I'm not sure yet how it mounts. I got it off ebay and I havn't been home yet to see it.

Back