• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chy 8.25,Powertrax No Slip?

mikie2084

NAXJA Forum User
I have the 8.25 and the no slip from Powertrax, and I know it can be noisey. When I go around a turn it unlocks, lets one wheel spin faster, but it seems like it takes alittle to long to lock after the turn. It will make a clunk noise, and wobbles the rear of the Jeep till it locks in. Also today I was backing up and it felt like it was binding up and then made the clunk noise. I just want to know if you guys have the same thing going on? I have changed the gear oil three times now just to check on things and all is well. The gears and no slip have maybe 3500 miles on them.

Thanks

Mike

mine is pretty quiet actually. are you sure it is lined up right inside. maybe try a heavier oil. every now and then i get a loud bang out of it, but not very often. i usually only hear it in very sharp turns like a parking spot

My friend actually installed it, but I was there watching him do it. I checked it with the check block and it seems fine by the directions, maybe I should pull it all the way back out and reinstall it to make sure.

Thanks

Mike

Ramsey said:
mine is pretty quiet actually. are you sure it is lined up right inside. every now and then i get a loud bang out of it, but not very often. i usually only hear it in very sharp turns like a parking spot

Same here. Only 3500K, just as a suggestion you might check the springs while your in there. As stated above, you might change the oil to something heavier. If these aren't the problem, sounds like something is miss aligned. Just my two pennies....

Mines almost 4yrs old,the only noise it ever makes is on the trail when "loading/un-loading"(auto from F to R and vise-versa).Around town it rarely makes any noise other than squealing the tires.

Mine is about 4 years old also......I have clunking when I shift between P/R/F and it throws me sideways every once in a while on the road......but, rarely. Other than that mine has been quiet and managable since the beginning.

M

XJGrl said:
I have clunking when I shift between P/R/F and it throws me sideways every once in a while on the road......but, rarely. Other than that mine has been quiet and managable since the beginning.

M
Same here. JIM.

been runnin' mine for about 30 thousand miles. try using 90/140 gear oil, or 460 gear oil if you can find it. Equalize tire presures and maybe run them a little higher than usual.

hth
Rick

460? thats some heavy shit. i would just try going to the heavy oil first and if that doesnt do it look into the rest. on second thought since you have to pop the cover might as well take a peak while your in there. should take more than 30 if you have to take it out and reinstall it.

Mine is quiet too.
I had a shop work on the heep, to re-gear it. They put in the powertrax without synchronizing it. It was loud as hell, would lock up the rear tires (really spooky at 65mph), and came apart before I even got home.

Well from reading everyones posts it seems like something is definitely wrong. Twice now I have drove the Jeep through the yard and stopped, but when I tried to take off all it would do is pop...pop...pop...it did this as long as I stayed on the gas. I at first thought it wasn't engageing at all but the second time I did notice my driverside wheel was sitting there spinning. This is on level dry ground, so I am definitely going to reinstall it. Just hope I didn't mess it up yet.

Thanks everyone

Mike

Back