• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H1 rim fitment to 3/4 ton ford front d44

Immortal

NAXJA Forum User
Hi:D

I am having some issues and WANT these rims to fit. A link pointing me in the right direction to get these rims to fit would be great. TIA

just make sure you search in every possible fashion...

Also maybe if you said what your problem was...someone might be able to help you.

Your right....I just assumed someone here on naxja was aware of the troubles of a 16.5" h1 rim fitting to one of the big 3 axles.

Basically the tie rod is the main issue hitting the inside of the rim. Without the tie rod connected to the outer knuckle the rim just fits. Soooooooo...........

does some company make a smaller tie rod that will fit my 3/4 ton axle or is there a mod for the outer knuckle to help with clearance? I have heard of the process of some kind of weld in spacer for the h1 rim, but I would rather not...may as well buy afermarket rims

The most common fix for lack of BS is a 1.25" wheel spacer on each side. You can also have the wheels recentered for alot less than the cost of new beadlocks. I have also heard rumors of steering arms that can clear the rims, but i have no experience or knowledge of any such arm.

I'd just go with heim joints for the tie-rod, they are much less obtrusive, and will work just fine. They SHOULD fit with the rims. Otherwise go high steer with some arms that a guy under "mad max" makes and sells on pirate4x4.com that clear h1 wheels, and will clear the TRE's. _nicko_

gearwhine said:
I'd just go with heim joints for the tie-rod, they are much less obtrusive, and will work just fine. They SHOULD fit with the rims. Otherwise go high steer with some arms that a guy under "mad max" makes and sells on pirate4x4.com that clear h1 wheels, and will clear the TRE's. _nicko_

Best advice yet, I second the Highsteer arms. If that does not work for you due to the lack of flat tops, then heims may be the way to fly.

Kewl info.....okay I do have the flat tops, but then would my drag link attach to the main tie rod bar between the knuckles? As in a typical XJ steering style set up?

Immortal said:
Kewl info.....okay I do have the flat tops, but then would my drag link attach to the main tie rod bar between the knuckles? As in a typical XJ steering style set up?

you COULD do it that way. Or you could have the drag link attach to the high steer arm in the rear hole, and have the tie rod run acrosss in the front holes. I've seen it done both ways.

If you do the highsteer arms from Mad Max, the tie-rod mounts behind the axle, not in front of it like stock or even most high steer arms. In this case, you must mount the draglink directly to the arm.

Back