• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle body changes

sjx40250

NAXJA Forum User
I know there was a significant change i the throttle body used from 90 to 91. Was there a change since? I bored out my 92 and love the results and I am picking up a 97 GC with the 4.0 for free and would like to do the same thing since I have a spare.

sjx40250 said:
I know there was a significant change i the throttle body used from 90 to 91. Was there a change since? I bored out my 92 and love the results and I am picking up a 97 GC with the 4.0 for free and would like to do the same thing since I have a spare.

Should be the same, no changes. The TB on my '99 is identical to the one that was on my '94, '91, as well as my parents '95 4.0 ZJ...........:lecture:

Hey fellas,

I have an '01 XJ 4.0L, I've thought about replacing my OE TB with a "performance" model. Will it make much difference?

Also, what is your take on TB Spacers?

sjx40250 said:

You'll find all you need to know here:

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/intake.html

Well almost everything! I picked up my 97GC and found that the MAP sensor was moved to the TB from the firewall. Don't know when this happened, I suppose around '96 when the ECU and OBDII was introduced. So I think the TB from 91-95 are different then those from 96-01.

Back