• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift questions

AcM

NAXJA Forum User
Alright......right now i have a 87 cherokee with a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder and a 4 speed manual. i also have a 1.75" coil spacer and a 1" shackle for a lift.

now here are my questions. i want to buy a rough country lift kit off of ebay that has what seems to be everything i will need for 3"s of lift. they call it a stage 2 lift. i would keep me shackle/spacer kit on as well. i was wondering if anyone has seen or used the kit. i was also wondering if i could fit 31x10.50x15 tires on my stock wheels alright and if i would need longer brake cables of anything else to make it work. if you guys have any tips or questions for me that would be great.

I'm just a highschooler so i dont really wheel that much but i do like to show off what my jeep can do every once in a while and i wouldnt really say im easy on it. My dad and i just had the motor rebuilt and it's running beautifully so i have no problems there.

Is this like most Rough Country lifts, a combination of a short add-a-leaf (AAL) and a block for the rear?

In general, Rough Country stuff is poorly thought out and of questionable quality. Not only that, you can run 31x10.50s on your stock rims with NO lift (just extend the rear bump stops) so why waste money on junk?

first, what does the kit include??i am currently running tuff countrys 3.5 lift with no problems. your stock rims will work if you have removed the rear sway bar. after you lift it, the sway bar link will rub the inside of your tire.i have aftermarkit rims ,so they are offset just a little.

I can't speak for the quality of that lift, but I have the same combination using a 3" superlift, using rear AAL. I fit 31 BFG's nicely. I started with stock rims and I had rubbing against the Lower control arms, and the fender flares, I went to an aftermarket rim, don't know what backspacing, and had no rubbing at all. As for fitting 31's on stock rims with no Lift, I don't think so, not without some fender trimming. with the 3" lift kit and 3/4" spacers and the stock coil "bushing" and the 1.75" shackle, allowing for spring sag you will net around 4" lift. good luck

Back