• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackle help

cherowagon

NAXJA Forum User
so i just installed my rocky road extended hd shackles, and i am a little concerned of the angle they are at. they are more straight down than tilted towards the rear. is this bad? can some of you post up some pics of yours so i can get an idea?

cherowagon said:
so i just installed my rocky road extended hd shackles, and i am a little concerned of the angle they are at. they are more straight down than tilted towards the rear. is this bad? can some of you post up some pics of yours so i can get an idea?

What leaf packs do you have? The leaf packs and the weight in the rear will dictate in a way how the shackles sit.

cherowagon said:
RE 3.5" super flex full leaf packs
If they are fairly new, or have been ran primarily with stock shackles before and not really flexed out, they are still settling. I wouldn't worry about it.

I noticed the same thing when I installed my new 3" leaf packs recently. They shackles sat near vertical too. They soon got settled down and now sit where they should.

here's a couple of pics of mine. They are near vertical.
DSCF0103.jpg
DSCF0102.jpg

Oh yeah the leafs are R.E EX-duty 4.5"

i worry about mine a little, but with MJ shackles, a RE 3.5 mainleaf with about 6" total lift they sit vertical in all respects...

i worry about themdrooping and stufing up the otherway, but if/when that happens ill deal with it then... at 2am on the trail....

Back