• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Booster / Master Cylinder Upgrade Going to do it Need Part # of Spacer

wilcharl

NAXJA Forum User
Guys:

After reading all the posts i decided imma go ahead and do the master cylinder and booster on my 88 to the new style.. I am going to get a wagner 100% new cylinder as it is suppose to have an ez bleed valve on the cylinder its self to make bench bleeing a breeze and an A1 Cardone reman booster from autozoo... im contemplating returning my old booster as a core... they never check and it is a "replacement"

Anyways one question: well really two... in the excellent write ups on here... everyone goes and buys new brake lines... if i get the adaptor fittings why do i need them...

and # 2 i need the part # of the spacer that goes behind the firewall if anyone has an OEM part # from a catalogue... or do i need Mr. Spacer?

The idea is not to use yard parts for this (id buy the spacer from a yard if i can find one but dont have access to one) but the cylinder and the booster will def be all new... i dont cut corners on brakes and beleive in only the best parts for my jeep... Im not gonna get a cylinder from a yard as who knows maybe the brakes failed and caused it to wreck!!! :)

anyways also after reading the mighty Eagles post on hydrylics (one word i kant ever spel) i am tempted to buy a new prop valve... how much do those run an does anyoen have a part # on them... should i replace mr. prop valve too??!?!

Get down to the junkyard with a copy of the MadXJ aritcle. Use the 96-97(?) booster and master, since it's a direct bolt in - check the part numbers before buying. Make sure you have the spacer on the back - it's 1/4" thick aluminium IIRC (the article will tell you), otherwise swap it off your old one, which should have it. If you run discs on the back, just get a ZJ prop valve - they're pretty cheap since they don't go wrong.

Back