• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Think I broke something more than my axles

bretto

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got my new axles in and all back together. I didn't 'test' drive it when I was done but this morning I get in to got to work and it was like it was stuck in 4WD. I was binding in a turn. I don't think it is someting in my tcase because when I had the front drive shaft out to drive it while it was broke, I could pull it into 4high and I could hear the front tcase yoke engage. When I was putting in the drive shaft on last night, the front tcase yoke spun freely. I think it may be the Lockrite that has issues. I looked at it when I had the carrier out to look at the splines and it appeard ok. Is there something else that could have gone wrong with it. This is on a Dana 30 non disco if that matters. When I get home, I will try the test they have you do when you install the lockrite to see if it is functioning. But what happens when the 4 pins break?

Maybe its the axle not disengaging...Mine has real light bind and its open. I can hear the outside front tire chirp a little when making slow turns. Its a 96 with the non-vacuum disconnect D30

Na, it didn't do this b4 I broke both from axles and it is a definite bind. I think the lockrite is a spool now.

Back