• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'86 XJ Heater Vacume control

Bowman

NAXJA Forum User
Hello and a good morning to all. I am requesting some assistance from the members here on the board. I have an '86 XJ, 2.5L with the 4 speed trans. I am having a problem with the vacume controls for the heater, and was wondering if any one has a good schematic of the vacume lines. I have already been through the service manual, to no avail. There is nothing in it about the roughting of the vacume lines. I am also thinking of removing the vacume bottle that is located inside the front bumper, is there a problem with doing this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

ya ive got an 86 xj with the 2.5, about the bottle inside the bumber, i ripped it out along with the stock bumper and i didnt notice any changes.

thank you for the assistance. I have removed the bottle and checked all the hoses. Now everything works with good air flow, with the exception of the defrost setting. The heater vent is still open and there is little to no air flow from the defrost. Does any one have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Back